"20 years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the things you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the harbour. Catch the trade winds in you sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

(How to Improve Your Sales)...It's not about you!

Heyz,

Just finished 'The Millionaire Mindset' seminar 2 days ago, it was fantastic!

I aws surprised by how much anger I had bottled up about certain things that have probably hindered my growth these last few months.

Huh? Emotion? Millionaire? Link?

Will share next time ^^

Anyways...

I would like to talk about a fundamental mistake that people make when doing sales.

Yeap. IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU.

It is about your customer. Or the friend you are trying to convince that durain is not smelly. Or the boss you are trying to impress to give you a raise. Or.....

Point is, to get something you want, you must give them something THEY want.

I will use my experience in selling computers as an example.

For me personally, I want performance. That means I'm willing to pay a bit more. Size and weight doesn't really matter and must have a graphics card because I play games.

Now, I meet a customer, do I introduce the computer that I love and try to sell them that? NO!

What if he wanted something simple to surf the internet and watch movies with? Well, what if I was adamant that the computer I liked was good for him? Do you think he would buy it for me?

NO!

Because I was trying to fulfill MY needs, not HIS.

What he would have probably wanted was something cheap, not too high end with an average sized screen.

I was pushing for the top of the line system with all the bells and whistles thrown in.

Does the above situation sound like you?

So how do we find out what they want?

Ask Questions!

In this case it would have been like: Home or office use? What do you use it for? Any specific brands that you'd like? What's your budget like?

With such questions, don't you think I'd be able to find a more suitable recommendation that will suit HIS needs, make HIM happy and encourages him to BUY from me?

Same thing for arguements with friends, or anything that requires communicating with humans for that matter.

It is not only about us.

No comments: