"20 years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the things you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the harbour. Catch the trade winds in you sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Aim High And Get More Or Be Grateful With What We Have?

This has always been one of those issues that I've always had problems with.

On one hand, I have very large ambitions. I want material and immaterial growth. I want to live a life worthy of the gods.

On the other hand, we must never take things for granted. We should be happy with what we have. We shouldn't be greedy.

How to deal with this conundrum?

Bob Proctor summed it up pretty nicely:

"My grandma told me I should be satisfied with what I have. Guess what? Grandma was wrong. I should be 'Happy' with what I have but never be satisfied. It's is dissatisfaction that gave us the electrical bulb, air travel and the internet. Dissatisfaction is a creative state" - Bob Proctor

So, for those of you out there who are on the same road with me, we must remember to have genuine gratitude for the things that we have and the things that have happened to us, good or bad.

Hope this clears the conflict between ambition and gratitude.

Ciaos!

No comments: